Pisgah Legal Services helps victims of domestic violence take legal action to escape abuse and rebuild their lives and financial stability. This includes:
- Intimate partner violence, including stalking and harassment
- Family and household violence, including elder abuse
- Child abuse and maltreatment
- Hate crimes
- Human trafficking
Pisgah Legal staff and attorneys help improve safety and provide services to increase independence from abusers, including but not limited to:
- Protection orders, such as 50Bs and 50Cs
- Child custody and child support
- Divorce and separation
- Income maintenance and division of assets
- Housing, debt and consumer issues
Our attorneys are experienced in family law and work on behalf of individual clients. They also work to change things on a broader level for low-income victims of domestic violence through advocacy across North Carolina.
PLS works in collaboration with domestic violence prevention agencies, shelters, law enforcement and other partners in eleven WNC counties. This includes working at these Family Justice Centers and Resource Centers to provide coordinated services under one roof for survivors:
Do You Need Help?
Apply online for services or call PLS at (828) 253-0406 or toll-free at (800) 489-6144.