With your support, we are changing lives and strengthening Western North Carolina.
- Pisgah Legal Services helped 18,858 low-income people to meet basic needs.
- PLS helped more than 6,700 children avoid homelessness, escape abuse, and secure essentials.
- PLS helped more than 7,100 people escape domestic violence
- PLS helped more than 3,400 people to stabilize housing and prevent homelessness.
Pisgah Legal secured more than $24.5 million
in quantifiable benefits for clients, including:
- $2,780,972 in benefits for people with disabilities
- $3,190,886 estimated in Medicaid benefits, payable to WNC medical providers
- $9,248,347 in monetary benefits for clients, such as: home equity preserved from foreclosure, child support payments for victims of domestic violence, and volunteer attorney services, etc.
- $9,298,308 estimated in health insurance premium tax credits for households served directly.
With an operating budget of $5.2 million budget, this is more than a 4:1 return on investment!
Private attorneys and office volunteers donated 14,241 hours helping PLS clients, providing pro bono services and supporting PLS staff.
More than 300 volunteer attorneys donated 3,172 professional hours to help PLS clients.
ACA Certified Application Counselors donated more than 1,937 volunteer hours.