With your support, we are changing lives and strengthening Western North Carolina.
- Pisgah Legal Services helped 20,461 low-income people to meet basic needs.
- PLS helped more than 6,652 children avoid homelessness, escape abuse, and secure essentials.
- PLS helped more than 7,468 people escape domestic violence and rebuild their lives.
- PLS helped more than 3,699 people to stabilize housing and prevent homelessness.
Pisgah Legal secured $21.8 million
in quantifiable benefits for clients, including:
- $815,447 in benefits for people with disabilities
- $1,256,528 estimated in Medicaid benefits, payable to WNC medical providers
- $8,634,426 in monetary benefits for clients, such as: home equity preserved from foreclosure, child support payments for victims of domestic violence, and volunteer attorney services, etc.
- $11,121,042 estimated in health insurance premium tax credits for households served directly.
Private attorneys and office volunteers donated 13,980 hours helping PLS clients, providing pro bono services and supporting PLS staff.
More than 300 volunteer attorneys donated 2,907 professional hours to help PLS clients.
ACA Navigators donated more than 1,156 volunteer hours.