Marketing and Events Coordinator – Pisgah Legal Services
Background: Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Pisgah Legal Services’ primary service area includes six WNC counties, in a mostly rural setting. The organization has offices in Asheville, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Brevard, and Marshall. With a dedicated staff of sixty, including attorneys and support staff, and an active pro bono panel of 300 private attorneys, the program serves more than 15,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law. Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based non-profit governed by a local Board of Directors. PLS’ annual budget consists of individual contributions and grants from governments, United Ways, Interest On Lawyers Trust Accounts, and foundations that add up to an annual budget of $4.5 million.
Nature of Position: Work as part of a dynamic and experienced development team, the executive director, and the entire legal aid staff to expand free legal assistance to help a growing number of very low-income people each year to solve problems related to housing, domestic violence, health care, and insufficient income. Pisgah Legal Services is working to grow its annual campaign and endowment funds across its service area.
• Provide event planning support for PLS events, including Jazz for Justice, Java for Justice, Poverty Forum, major donor events and small gatherings
• Manage event logistics including liaising with vendors, mailing invitations, tracking RSVPs, event set up, etc.
• Provide logistical support for board and committee meetings
• Coordinate event and program marketing and materials
• Manage website content and make necessary updates regularly
• Maintain active social networking presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Create engaging content using various channels including print, video, social media, website, email, etc.
• In collaboration with Director of Communications, develop an optimal posting schedule for social media
• Complete periodic updates to PLS’ marketing collateral and design new materials as assigned.
• Manage content and formatting for regularly scheduled e-newsletters
• Collect and compile quarterly advocacy reports from PLS staff
• Compile information for annual report and other publications
• Interview clients for potential newsletter/annual report/postcard stories
• Assist staff with other duties such as mailings, data entry, research, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two or more years of development and /or marketing experience preferred
• Expertise in multiple social media platforms
• Experience with event planning
• Familiarity with Constant Contact or similar email marketing platform
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
• Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience with design software such as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• Experience working with a donor database (preferably Raisers Edge)
• Strong writing skills
• Valid driver’s license
Salary/Benefits: Salary depends on experience; excellent benefits.
Applications: E-mail resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to email@example.com. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Racial minorities, women, the elderly, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.