Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina, Pisgah Legal Services’ primary service area includes six WNC counties, in a mostly rural setting. The organization has offices in Asheville, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Brevard, and Marshall. With a dedicated staff of nearly sixty, including attorneys and support staff, and an active pro bono panel of 300 private attorneys, the program serves more than 15,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, and consumer law. Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based non-profit governed by a local Board of Directors. PLS’ annual budget consists of individual contributions and grants from governments, United Ways, Interest On Lawyers Trust Accounts, and foundations.
Nature of Position: Work as part of a dynamic and experienced development team, the executive director, and the entire legal aid staff to expand free legal assistance to help a growing number of very low-income people each year to solve problems related to housing, domestic violence, health care, and insufficient income. Pisgah Legal Services is working to grow its annual campaign, as well as its endowment funds.
Overview: While touching all aspects of Development work, this position will focus on the annual campaign, data analysis, donor stewardship and corporate sponsorships.
• Oversee coordination of tasks associated with the Annual Campaign including but not limited to mail solicitations, events, and the attorney phone-a-thon
• Work closely with Development team and Executive Director to implement a Moves Management system by maintaining accurate information and serving as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and making connections between and among people, events and programs.
• Maintain an active portfolio of prospective and current donors, in coordination with the Director of Development
• Utilize Raiser’s Edge database to produce timely and accurate fundraising analysis reports for use by leadership, development staff, committees and Board members
• Develop and execute a donor engagement plan for new donors
• Manage and execute robust donor stewardship program, utilizing staff, board members and development council volunteers.
• Cultivate and solicit corporate support for signature events and Annual Campaign.
• Organize and execute all tasks associated with annual attorney campaign, including yearly, multi-day phone-a-thon.
• Assist with and help grow PLS’ monthly donor program with regular stewardship and cultivation
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Three or more years of development experience preferred
• Self-motivated, able to work independently but has the ability to shift from working autonomously to working collaboratively
• Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
• Flexible and capable. Ability to manage changing priorities with ease.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills
• Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience working with a database (Raisers Edge experience is a plus)
• Experience with data analysis and reporting
• Good writing skills
• Valid driver’s license
Salary ranges from $34,000 – $67,000 depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance.
E-mail resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to email@example.com. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Racial minorities, women, the elderly, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.