Administrative Assistant/ Bookkeeper – Asheville
Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based, non-profit law firm which provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in western North Carolina, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. PLS directly serves 16,000+ people annually and provides community education and outreach to many other low-income people.
PLS is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant/ Bookkeeper in the Asheville office to work with the Accounting and Human Resources Department. This position will oversee some bookkeeping responsibilities and assist with various administrative tasks related to accounting, human resources and office management.
Applicants should be passionate about promoting justice and overcoming barriers facing low-income people, be a creative and zealous team-player, and be committed to achieving lasting results for clients and low-income communities.
• Accounts Payable
• Basic data entry and auditing
• Assisting with payroll and timekeeping
• Assisting with filing, file retention scheduling and organization
• Assisting with basic office needs and other office admin tasks
• Computer/ IT inventory
• Other administrative duties as needed
• Experience in accounting and/or HR preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Word processing skills.
• Experience with data entry.
• Ability to understand, remember, and carry out complex instructions.
• Associates degree required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
E-mail resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to email@example.com. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Racial minorities, women, the elderly, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.