IMMIGRATION LAW ATTORNEY JOB NOTICE FOR PISGAH LEGAL SERVICES
Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based, non-profit law firm which provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people primarily in Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, Polk, Rutherford and Transylvania counties of western North Carolina. These counties are in the Blue Ridge Mountains. There are more than 80,000 client-eligible people in these six counties (at or below 125% of the federal poverty level). PLS serves almost 15,000 people annually and provides community education and outreach to many other low-income clients.
PLS seeks a full-time immigration law attorney for our Justice For All Program (JFAP). This position will work closely with the supervising JFAP immigration law attorney and provide additional support to serve the needs of the immigrant community. JFAP serves the 17 westernmost North Carolina counties by providing direct legal assistance to immigrants and their children with immigration status and other basic needs.
- Provide direct immigration legal services and representation to immigrants before USCIS, EOIR, and ICE and other administrative and judicial forums as necessary
- Facilitate and supervise legal clinics, organize and supervise community volunteers and pro bono attorneys.
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals and reports.
- Conduct trainings to community partners, outreach events with immigrant communities, and onsite intake across seventeen counties.
Qualifications: Licensed to practice law in any state (NC preferred).
- At least 2-3 years of experience practicing immigration law required.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.
- A demonstrated interest in low-income legal services and/or a commitment to immigrants’ rights.
- Ability to work effectively with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and trauma.
- Supervision experience required.
- Meticulous organizational habits with the ability to manage large amounts of information, establish priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent complex legal analysis and writing skills.
Salary/Benefits: Depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance.
Applications: Pisgah Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Racial minorities, women, the elderly and disabled are encouraged to apply. Submit resume, cover letter to: email@example.com.