Pisgah Legal Services
Pisgah Legal Services seeks a Grants Coordinator with experience in grant writing and reporting, non-profit programs, database management, and data analysis. Pisgah Legal is a growing organization with diverse funding, including more than 40 active government and foundation grants annually. The coordinator will report directly to the Grants Manager and provide support to other development team members and staff as needed.
About the Organization
Founded in 1978, Pisgah Legal Services’ a mission is to pursue justice by providing free civil legal assistance and advocacy to help low-income people in Western North Carolina meet their basic needs and improve their lives. Pisgah Legal Services is a leading nonprofit organization in the region to address issues of poverty and injustice. In 2017, Pisgah Legal Services helped more than 15,750 people.
Pisgah Legal Services provides free, civil legal services to some of the most vulnerable people in our region, including victims of domestic violence, families at risk of homelessness, disadvantaged children, individuals with disabilities, senior citizens, immigrants and the working poor. These services are provided by 22 staff attorneys and a corps of 300+ volunteer attorneys. In addition to providing direct services, Pisgah Legal Services also works to effect systemic change through policy advocacy, community collaboration and community economic development strategies, in order to reduce poverty and increase access to justice.
PLS’ funding base consists of individual contributions and grants from governments, United Ways, Interest On Lawyers Trust Accounts, and foundations that add up to an annual budget of $4.5 million. Pisgah Legal Services has offices in five counties, with our main office in downtown Asheville. The organizational culture can be described as client-centered, hardworking, compassionate and responsive to the community, and grateful for donors, partners, and volunteers.
• Write and prepare grant applications and reports.
• Work in the case management database (Legal Server) to collect and analyze information for reporting to government agencies, foundations and donors.
• Keep track of application and reporting deadlines and requirements.
• Research potential new sources for program funding.
• Assess whether grant and project milestones are on track to meet goals and deadlines and communicate the information with program leadership.
• Work with program advocates in administering grants and contracts.
• Other fundraising duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two or more years of experience in grant writing and management
• Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Highly proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with database management and data analysis (Legal Server experience a plus)
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience with non-profit project management a plus
Salary ranges from $37,000 – $50,000 depending on experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance.
Submit resume, cover letter to: email@example.com. Please specify this position on the cover letter and resume.
Pisgah Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Racial minorities, women, the elderly, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.